Collage

Collage
My Many Sides

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sweetest Day Suprise

So yesterday was Sweetest Day so we spent five hours at a Senior Expo.  While at the Expo we filled out a bunch of tickets for drawings, but we never win anything and know it is for someones mailing list.  After hours of talking with different vendors, we wheeled out of the mall and headed home.

We were both so tired we laid down for a rest.  As we were resting we got a phone call who asked for Al.  Al answered and then found out what the call was about.  He had won a flower arrangement from all places, Price Funeral Home.  I almost fell off the bed with laughter because Price is the place that handled my mother and brother's funerals.   We must have filled out 25 different tickets and we get this.  Now considering I am allergic to flowers we discussed what to do with them.  Al said we could take them out to the cemetery and put them on Mom and Bobby's graves.  I thought that was a great idea, especially where they came from.  Al was told he could pick them up after 10am Sunday morning.

So we went out to the funeral home and this is what Al got...
 Now I squealed with joy...they were purple...Mom's favorite color...unbelievable....Al said as soon as he saw flowers "Mom, because it is purple."

So because my husband won flowers for me on Sweetest Day


 which was so cool, he could give the flowers to the other woman he so loved...Mom....
 So we went to White Chapel and Al gave Mom the flowers
 
From her "Bonus Boy" .... what a wonderful gift he could give her.  It was a beautiful day to top it off.  Mom loved Al so much that he got the last kiss she ever gave.  She gave him the kiss from a mother, considering his own mother did not.  She gave him the most beautiful gift a mother can give.  So when he won this, I felt that it was his way to give both of us a nice gift.  Life is good today, so I also grab those good days.
I helped him break up the arrangement to split between Mom and Bobby....so much delight  on this gorgeous day.
So things came out pretty nice, even put a flag up for Mom.

I kept the pink ribbon for my costume and the rest went to the graves...came out nice I think....
So my sweetie had a good Sweetest Day and our month anniversary day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment..