Collage

Collage
My Many Sides

Friday, September 2, 2011

Suffering

I think I am suffering separation anxiety,not from a person but from my skills.  As I am listing my artwork on Ebay, I am becoming sad that I can not do the work anymore. So now I am trying to figure out how to continue in my art and crafts, yet not be in extreme pain.  I have been coming up with some modifications to my tools and the type of working environment.  Haven't quite got it right, but as I work it out I will post the information. 

So many artist, writers, secretaries, office people and others who make a living by their hands end up with such disabilities.  I think we just push through the pain because we don't want to give up our jobs, which support us, or our art and hobbies which keep us sane.  Personally I was raise that "idle hands were the Devil's workshop".  Guess I just can't get past that because I can not imagine watching TV and just sitting there doing nothing else.

For me, I can do the written computer stuff with a voice program now, but not the photo editing.  I can still do research and write, but the things that give me the most pleasure have become too painful to continue right now.  I have braces on my hands, magnifiers (which I always used to protect my eyes) and different angled tables. I want to pick up my crochet hooks or knitting needles and get working, it is the season when I started my most active work.

I guess the changing of the season is when my body changes what it wants to do, of course today is way to hot to consider the hand work.......but the cooler days are coming and i am biting at the bit. 


I realize that every day is a gift and I do not want to waste any time bemoaning what I can not do, but I have learned it is okay to have a 15 minute "pity party" sometimes and then move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment..