Collage

Collage
My Many Sides

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

What a nasty Labor Day weekend for us.  Our power went out on Sat and then when we tried to get our generator to work it would only run for an hour.  I could not use my oxygen as it runs on the geni and I could hardly breathe.  Sat night was hell.  We went out to breakfast on Sunday to try and cool off and so I could catch my breath.  When we got back Al tried to get the geni working but without luck.  We called our friend Earl and he has a geni so he had some ideas.  Thanks to Earl and all his help they got the geni running and I could breathe.  Of course now the weather got cold and damp so we never got comfortable but we figured we were luckier than others.  Thanks to a good friend we got some things to work.
Hoping for a better week for the rest of the week...finally got a good night's sleep last night after the power came back.

It is so funny to me, years ago I would go primitive camping for a week or two at a time, by myself,up north and never even think about having power or electronics.
Now I was enjoying the silence of the neighborhood, but wanted to work on my book and I need power for that.  Times and wants do change as one gets older don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment..