Collage

Collage
My Many Sides

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Beautiful Gift

I received a beautiful gift tonight, I got a call from an old friend, one I had not been in contact for a decade.  It was with great joy and love that I was able to re-connect with Claudia.  We talked for hours, there was so much to catch up on.  We had both has so many tragedies during the past decade, yet also some triumphs.

She understood why we had to pull away from her and her wonderful husband Dan, whom she lost two years ago. My heart is sorrowful that I missed the last few years of Dan's life.  Time has gone by so fast and so many things have happened.  If I had one wish it would be that we never have to dis-connect again.

We discussed the fact we had known each other for 30 years and then laughed at how strange that sounds.  How could 30 years go by so fast.  It was wonderful to hear her voice and tell her how much I enjoyed talking with her again and we both made a promise not to let the time go by again. 

This is a good way to end a day.






2 comments:

  1. It's good that you have friends of that length of standing... I, unfortunately, don't.

    Oh, well...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment..