Collage

Collage
My Many Sides

Monday, August 15, 2011

Abyss

One of the most important things for me to do this year was to get out of the abyss that we have been in for the past decade.
This is a difficult thing to do because inertia can set in and prevent action.


I took action by making sure a friend who was moving to the East coast knew how much I loved and appreciated her.  Al and I decided to take her to dinner before she left and put to rest any questions she or we had regarding our relationship.  It was a wonderful dinner and it created a peace in me that I had longed for.  I was so glad that I decided to do-over the relationship, it is a worthwhile relationship that was needed in my life.


So when someone says that they can not fix a relationship, maybe that is true, especially if it is toxic, but one that has just kind of slipped away can be worked on.  


One's life is in constant change, people come and go at different stages, but I find some people go with the fluidity of life.  My hope is that the flow in my life will have less ripples and becomes smooth.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your blog!! Maybe we will have to set up competitions with each other to keep our blogging fingers inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, not sure how but that could be fun

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment..