Collage

Collage
My Many Sides

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Reality, Perception and Actuality

I got a terse response to my tribute to my brother Dennis who had just died.  The person who composed it was a peripheral family member and his perception was that it was negative.  That was not my goal.

BUT, there is one thing that the I have learned, many times people do not READ what is WRITTEN....emotion has an interesting filter that can really misinterpret what someone SAYS.  I have found that the internet has caused a lot of problems with communication between people because of lack of body language.  We are losing the skill to communicate it seems on many levels.


How one grieves is specific to the person and no one has a right to dictate as what method of grief is appropriate.  I chose to honor the brother I had loved, but was honest about our relationship.


I still say Thank You Dennis for being you....


My reality, perception and actuality are mine, they might not jive with anyone else's, but I do accept them and live with them.  I guess it can make other people uncomfortable when a person takes responsibility for their own actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment..