Collage

Collage
My Many Sides

Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Well the first alert to the type of day I was going to have was Gabby crawled up to my pillow and laid her head on my head.  I think she had a feeling today would be weird and she wanted to give me some comfort before I got up.

I had trouble getting moving because the rain just made everything on my body ache and my breathing sucked, but after about an hour I was dressed and up.

Today is Al's "long" day, so he packed up his stuff for school and headed off.  I would not see him again till 10pm.

After yesterday's headache with the computer, trying to get trojans and viruses to behave I thought maybe, just maybe I had finally got things working.  So wrong Don Pardo....So wrong.   I spend the next few hours working AGAIN to try and get things right.  My security comes up with Exploit Blackhole, whatever the hell that is.....Also once talked about Cloud...good golly what is the matter with these nutjobs who write these programs....didn't they get any morals and values?

I had hoped to edit some more artwork for the show I am doing next week, but that did not happen.

SOOOO  I decided to make myself some popcorn, get a glass of juice and curl up in the chair with Gabby and watch Dr. Oz.  Now that really was my idea....really....

What happened instead was I put the popcorn in the microwave, set it, it said up to 4 minutes, turned got a glass, walked over to fill it with water and juice.  When I turned around there was smoke billowing out of the microwave, actually a really large amount.  The microwave had only been on for 1 min 24 seconds.  I quickly shut off the microwave and opened the door when flames started coming out.  I grabbed the bag to douse it but could not get to the sink I needed, so I rushed to the window and threw out the flaming bag.  I had grabbed Gabby under my arm and was heading for the front door to get out in case there would be more fire.  I was not sure if the microwave was going to catch fire and the only thing I cared about was getting out with her.  After a few minutes I came back in and realized that the smoked filled house and kitchen was just from the bag of popcorn and nothing else.  This I was really happy about, the stinky smoke on a rainy day I was not happy about.  

So I kind of figured that I would be opening up the windows and using fans for a while, but unfortunately the smoke just hung in the air.  So I am sorry to say I have had to use my oxygen and the house smells like an old dank smoked filled bar.  

I thought I should warn Al about my "little" adventure when he called so he would not freak out when he got home.  The poor guy....if it isn't the craziness at school, it is is wife.  Who said being married was boring, never lived with us.  I told him that I was not going to cook myself dinner, I would eat peanut butter and jelly and I was just going to lay down with Gabby and rest till he came home.  Al thought that was a good idea.

So because of the adrenaline rush, I can't sleep, plus my oxygen machine is noisy.  I thought I could do some art but I am shaking a little too much.  So after get threats of Trojans by my security AVG, I am doubting I am having a very good beginning to Friday the 13th.....Maybe I will get tired enough that I will just crawl back to bed and crash...one can only hope.

So I hope that everyone has a nice Friday the 13th....My little black cat, Gabby will be keeping me safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment..