Collage

Collage
My Many Sides

Thursday, November 22, 2012

BABE RUTH

Well the week has ended in a strange way for us.  I was checking my facebook page and there was a posting for an emergency home for a cat that was going to be put down if it could not find a home.....and....this is what happened.

Al and I have been in mourning for the loss of three of our cats last year....we were just exhausted, we had just lost both our mothers the year before...  
We still had our lovely Gabby... and she was in mourning also, but she was lapping up the love we bestowed upon her.  But she also was mopping about and talking to the mirror so much we talked with the vet to see if he thought she needed a partner.  Our vet said he felt she did need one and that he would keep his eye out for one.  I told him I would love a Tortie even tho they have the crazy gene.

I started checking shelters and other places, but found we could not afford the adoption fee and I did not like the idea of a chip being put in the animal.

 So...on Friday I saw this picture :

So...on Friday our lives were about to change...boy were they about to change.  I contacted the rescue place and they called me and told me her story:

Her name is BABE and she is 9 years old.  Her human died last month and she has been in the house for the last month alone, a neighbor feeding her  a couple of times a day.  I am afraid that the neon "sucker" light went off on my forehead and so did Al's.  I was told that the owner son just said to put her down.  Well...I don't do good when there is someone in need...and BABE was in need, and so was GABBY and US.

We had already fallen in love with her, just by the picture...and Al came up with her new name, before we even met her....BABE RUTH Bouchard...after all she was like the candy bar...dark chocolate, carmel and cream, and a little nuts.  See cats with orange fur carry a crazy gene all my vets have told me over the years....so what does that tell you about me...she willl be my second one with orange hair. 
So we drove to Oxford and got her.

So this is our BABE.... I told her I wanted to take some pictures of her so people could see how beautiful she is...
BABE RUTH









She loves to be petted on the head and neck.
An I wanted to Thank her for posing so nice for me.

And this is Gabby saying Thanks for having a new buddy..
 

  
 
 So we have a great Thanksgiving this year, no deaths, just a new life to enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment..