Collage

Collage
My Many Sides

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Finally Made IT.....Yeah

2011 is almost over, and I can come out of hiding.....Tomorrow.








I will not miss 2011, it was a terrible year for us...it started out with losing one kitty and by Oct we had lost 3.  Rest in Peace, Sally, Ada Jane and Shadow.

A treasured friend died this year also and I am so tired of death.

For the past 18 months Al and I have dealt with death so much it is hard to think in a positive way.  It started with my mother's death in July of 2010, with Al's mom in Oct 2010, and it did not stop.  We attended many funerals for veterans and active duty military in the past year, and feel honored to have stood flag line, but saddened to have to be there.

After the hellacious term Al had in college this Fall, and struggling with health issues, I decided that after Christmas Day I was taking refuge in the house till the New Year.  I have not even poked my nose outside since then.  I didn't feel safe enough to push my luck this last week.  All I can say is that I am so lucky to have Al as my backup. 


I hope that everyone out there has a Safe, Healthy and Happy New Year and that 2012 will be positive for all.


Megan, Al and Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment..